Monday 10 November 2008

language abilities and needs

speaking - average
writing - quite good
reading - good
listening - good
pronunciatian - less then average
grammar - average
vocabulary - weak
academic skills - average

Analysis for my abilities
My better abilities for my language skills are reading and listening. I can easily follow when I read some books or any sentences in English but I still have more difficulties when I have to speak to someone in English fluently. I still have to think the words that I have to say about, it is because my vocabularies are so weak. I have to learn and study more for vocabulary. What I can do to solve this problem is finding the new words when I read some books that I'm interested about and looking those in dictionary then remind it, after that I should practise those new words when I speak to someone. What I can do else is maybe listening to some music, looking and understanding the lyrics and surely I will found many new and interesting poetic words there so I can improve my speaking and vocabulary very well, hopefully. The other else is watching some British films, and specially the documentary one about someone biography or history of music, because there are different accents when people talk and make comments about it.

Here are one of movies that I think have interesting accents.

1 comment:

Social Programme said...

Hi

What did you think of the film? I think this director is great- it made me feel a bit nostalgic, but also shows a lot of the horrible things about the eighties here...

Alex